Here at Best Plumbers, we like to be number 1. So we think we’ve come up with a first – a quiz about Rinnai hot water systems! We’ll also give an in depth review of the best Rinnai hot water systems including the Sunmaster, Hotflo and Infinity hot water range.
Why hot water systems? Because as far as daily life at home goes, you simply can’t go without a great, reliable and affordable one. And why Rinnai? Well, we have to admit to being a fan of a company whose red logo we see all over the place in Australia, for a very good reason. What’s that? As far as Rinnai hot water systems in Australia go, there’s almost no brand that combines affordability with quality and innovation like them.
Rinnai hot water quiz
So here it is – our Rinnai hot water systems review and quiz! The answers are at the bottom, but don’t cheat!
- You probably know that Rinnai logo well, because it’s one of the best selling brands in Australia with one of the best reputations. But what country is it from originally?
- How long have Rinnai hot water systems Gold Coast wide been on the Aussie market?
- Rinnai might originally be from Japan, but are any of their great hot water systems actually made here in Australia? *Bonus points if you can name how many other Rinnai plants are located elsewhere in the world.
- Apart from excellent gas, solar, continuous flow and electric hot water systems, what other products is Rinnai well known for making?
- You may have been able to buy a Rinnai electric hot water system here in Australia for 50 years, but when was the first Rinnai product sold in Japan?
- Which great brand launched the first continuous flow hot water systems in Australia?
- This question is multiple choice – how many Rinnai appliances are bought every single year? Is it: 400,000, 800,000, 5 million or 12 million units?
- And now another multiple choice: how many of Rinnai’s now famous continuous flow hot water systems have been sold in Australia alone? 5 million, 10 million, 30 million or 40 million?
- What colour is Rinnai’s well-known logo?
- What is the most energy-efficient gas hot water system on the market anywhere in Australia?
How did you go? Did you make Hidejiro-san proud? Even if your Rinnai knowledge is not quite up to speed, the important thing to know is that we know all about the best plumbers who can install a hot water system at your place – fast.
- 50 years
- Yes! In fact, there are three major Rinnai manufacturing facilities right here in Australia – in additional to the 40 Rinnai plants located elsewhere in Japan and the world.
- Rinnai is also a trusted and well-known maker of various heating and cooling systems.
- It was in 1918 when Hidejiro Naito became inspired by the flame he could see inside his modest cooking stove that he got the idea to create the brand.
- Rinnai … of course!
- 12 million – now that’s a lot of Rinnai!
- 30 million – not that’s an awful lot of Rinnai!
- Rinnai’s 26 Enviro system, which was the first 26-litre hot water system to achieve a 7 Star equivalent efficiency rating. It produces about a sixth of the greenhouse gas emissions compared to a standard system.
Top Rinnai hot water systems reviewed
All over our country, from one corner of the continent to all of the others, the best plumbers in the business are busily installing literally hundreds of hot water systems each and every day. So in our exclusive Rinnai hot water systems review, we’re putting together the collective wisdom of Australia’s best plumbers to name our top 3 Rinnai systems.
1. Rinnai Sunmaster Review
With sustainability and soaring power prices on our minds, it’s no surprise that one of the big movers and shakers in Australia’s hot water system market is solar technology. Already, solar systems have taken a 25% chunk out of the total hot water market, even if gas hot water systems remain the top seller – with fully-electric systems coming in at number 2.
So the focus of our Rinnai solar hot water system review is the Sunmaster range, based on what Australia’s best plumbers are reporting. The Prestige range is also popular, but the product choice and cost-effective nature of the solar Sunmasters make them irresistible to many homeowners. That is due to:
- The cost-effective vitreous enamel coatings, making the tanks highly corrosion resistant
- Choice between flat plate, evacuated tube, or close-coupled (both tank and collectors installed on the roof) technologies
- Huge product warranties up to 15 years for the solar collectors.
2. Rinnai Hotflo Review
Did you know that solar hot water systems, closely followed by new hot water technologies like ‘fridge in reverse’ heat pumps, are actually more popular than sleek and convenient instantaneous hot water systems these days? While that’s all good and well, none of them are yet to eclipse the old standard in Australian hot water – the trusty electric tank-based systems.
For our Rinnai electric hot water system review, then, it’s a no-brainer to make a fuss about the extremely popular range that the brand aptly calls Hotflo. And in our Rinnai Hotflo review, the eye-catching upsides are:
- Enormous tank size range, from ultra-compact 25 litres to super-sized 400 litres
- Industry-leading 10-year cylinder warranties
- Choice of more affordable single or premium fast-heating twin-element systems across the tank-size range.
3. Rinnai Infinity Review
But without a shadow of a doubt, Australia’s most popular energy source for heating hot water is natural gas – for plenty of very good reasons. It’s cheaper than the ever-more-popular electricity, it’s better for the environment, and when coupled with instantaneous hot water technology, it’s simply the superior hot-water-on-demand option all across our great country.
So while most Rinnai gas hot water system reviews would understandably focus on the tank-based product range, we’re going to zoom in on Rinnai’s range of tankless low-emission gas burner systems – otherwise known as Infinity:
- Advanced ‘PureTemp’ technology uses intelligent controls and sensors to constantly monitor and adjust the hot water temperature in real-time, eliminating dangerous and annoying fluctuations
- Advanced flow sensors and modulating burners help to conserve water and keep bills lower by cleverly controlling the flow rate based on demand and therefore minimising wasted hot water and gas
- A 6.2 out of 6-star rating based on Australia’s Energy Star rating system, meaning it not only meets but exceeds the maximum efficiency rating offered by the Australian government.
How to get the best Rinnai hot water system price
Just a few years ago, Queensland’s regulatory body found that a staggering 40% of all hot water installations did not meet the required standards. So if you do decide to get one of Rinnai’s most popular hot water systems installed, it’s clearly imperative to get one of Australia’s very best plumbers to do it for you.
At Best Plumbers Club, we’ve done all the homework for you by only working with hand-picked, top rated & recommended hot water installers offering tasty must-haves like fully-guaranteed workmanship, upfront pricing and no-obligation quotes. Hot water installation in Newcastle, Sydney hot water repairs, Melbourne hot water replacement – No matter what or where, our network covers most of Australia. Getting one of these top-rated plumbers to install your system with the best Rinnai hot water system price is as easy as filling in a few details and hitting ‘Get a quote’ – so why not get started right now? Your brand new Rinnai could be up and running in a flash simply by giving Best Plumbers Club a try today.