We all get thirsty – which is why we pour a glass of water. We all clean our teeth – and we make sure not to waste too much water while we’re doing so. And we all water the garden – and make sure the hose is put away neatly afterwards. But what do all of these every-day tasks that we take for granted have in common? It’s the humble tap. And when those smooth-operating taps turn into gushing, dripping or just annoying leaking taps, you know you have a real problem.
Drip, drip, drip… the sound of leaking tap can be quite irritating. But it’s not just the sound that should have you concerned, you’re wasting water and your hard-earned money. If your leaking tap is not repaired properly, it could start leaking all over again a few months later. So before you call a plumber for leaking tap replacement or repair, it’s critical you check they are the best local plumbers around. That’s where Best Plumbers Club can assist, we can help you to….
Why is my tap leaking & how do I fix it?
When you turn on your tap, some simple yet impressive marvels of modern plumbing are taking place behind the scenes. But at the core of it, whether the parts are rubber or ceramic, what should be happening when that tap is closed is that a seal prevents the water from gushing, dripping or leaking out. And in the case of leaking taps, the most likely culprits are parts that are worn.
It could be:
- The washer
- The valve
- The O-ring.
Luckily for you, you are perfectly entitled to try your DIY skills on changing a worn tap washer. And for most good plumbers, this is a very simple, easy job that takes a couple of minutes and won’t cost you much.
However, there could be more to your leaking tap than you think. Perhaps the worn out washer is being caused by something else, or your tap might not be a washer type. To give you a solid solution that won’t come back to haunt, you’ll want to have your very shortlist of the very best plumbers in your area handy.
Indeed, leaking taps can actually be a pretty serious problem that requires expertise, experience and qualifications – and urgent attention before you rack up big bills, damage, and a big mess in your kitchen, bathroom and home.
Worn tap washers aside, your leaking tap could actually be caused by:
- A blocked or damaged pipe
- Bad installation
- Mineral deposit build-up
- Water hammer in your pipes
And if left unfixed, that leaking tap could cause you headaches in several different ways, including:
- Health. Did you know that a leaking tap can promote the growth of illness and allergy-causing mould, mildew, bacteria and insects?
- Safety. Leaking taps can also cause water to collect, posing a safety risk at your home or premises. They can also get worse very fast!
- Wastage. A single leaky tap can waste as much as 25,000 litres per year.
- Bills. That amount of wastage can not only add many hundreds of dollars to your annual water bills but damage your tap, fixtures, rooms, walls, floors or even your home’s foundations.
In other words, don’t spot a leaking tap and ignore it! Try to change the worn-out washer if you can, and if you’re not confident with your DIY or you suspect the problem is different, it’s time to call in the professionals.
Leaking tap repair or replacement?
If the leak is minor, such as a small drip, it is usually possible to repair the tap by replacing the worn or damaged parts. This can be a cost-effective solution that can extend the life of the tap. For older taps or those in poor condition, it may be more cost effective to replace them.
By replacing those old, faulty taps with new, stylish ones, you’ll not only eliminate the annoying leak, but you’ll also give your space a fresh, modern look. Plus, new replacement taps often come with advanced features such as water-saving technology, touchless operation, water filtration and even LED lighting. And let’s not forget the excitement of choosing from a vast array of styles, finishes, and materials.
Why hire the best plumbers for leaking taps
If you’re not a whiz with a washer, or your problem is a little more complex than a cheap replacement part, you actually MUST call a licensed plumber to fix your leaking taps. And there are plenty of other reasons for calling in the experts:
- Legality. A tap washer or a showerhead aside, you are NOT permitted to do your own plumbing. If you do, you’re risking a hefty fine, a court summons, your home and insurance, and the cost of getting the work done legally on top of everything else.
- Skills. There’s a reason plumbers need to be licensed. It’s precise, complex, and potentially damaging and dangerous work – but it will be no problem for the most skilled and best plumbers.
- Equipment. Great plumbers will have all the latest, expensive, state of the art tools, equipment and supplies – so that the job is done quickly, safely, properly and affordably.
Think that leaking tap is a minor issue that can be ignored? Ready to risk a lot of damage and a big bill, fine or summons by doing a dodgy DIY job? That’s just two out of many reasons to take your leaking taps seriously by only getting the best plumbers you can find to put your home back in smooth running order. Don’t fret: Best Plumbers club is here to guide you!
The Best Plumbers Club has done the homework for you. Our members don’t just fix leaking taps. They are reviewed and recommended for high quality, licenced workmanship and customer service excellence.
- Upfront pricing. After inspecting your tap leaks you get a firm quote up front before work starts.
- Fully licenced plumbers. Verified licences for all tap plumbing services.
- Australian owned businesses. We support Australian owned and operated plumbing companies.
- Workmanship guarantee. The best plumbers offer a guarantee on their workmanship for your peace of mind.
- Top-Rated Plumbers. Online review ratings checked by a Level 5 Google local guide.
Don’t put up with leaking taps, send a message and the best plumber near you will provide an obligation free quote!